Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Piano Cover Outer Shell Done

Well the piano cover is sewn together enough to protect the grand piano.


The fit is not exact, but I'm hoping that when it has the minky fabric attached inside, it will fill it out a bit and give it more sturdy shape. I'm still waiting for the fabric to arrive from the US.

We moved the piano into the far corner by the window




Honestly, I'm a little concerned that the keyboard portion is near the window, since that's the most sensitve part of the piano. But the dang thing is so heavy and it's just me and my brother. So I will keep the window closed and at least it's covered.

And it's kinda nice that the dining room chairs fit nicely underneath for storage during the construction process.

So, no piano playing for at least 3 weeks. Yes, my source of stress relief and happiness will have to be put on hold for a while, but I'm going to try and exercise some self-control. hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment